Maintenance – Your Portable Table and Face Cradle
Maintenance of your head cradle. It is important to inspect the face cradle adjusting mechanism regularly (every week), to ensure the tension is correct. It may, occasionally, be necessary to make adjustments. Failure to check and maintain the correct tension may result in the face cradle slipping during use, potentially causing injury.
Check with the manufacturer on the correct procedure for your face cradle unit.
Inspecting the mechanism:
- Using the adjustment lever lock and unlock the mechanism a few times. If the tension is correct, it should lock securely and feel positive, without requiring very much force to operate.
- Lock the mechanism and check that all of the moving parts have engaged securely. If the tension is correct, movement between the parts should be minimal. Nothing should rattle, wobble or slip.
Adjusting the tension:
Do not over-tighten the mechanism, as this can cause premature wear or failure. If in doubt, contact the manufacturer before performing any adjustments.
Athlegen Bodyworker Face Cradles (19 mm Rods set at 160 mm apart)
- Grasp the adjusting lever in one hand.
- With your other hand, using a spanner, turn the adjustment nut a very small amount (less than 1/8th of a turn at a time). Clockwise to tighten, anti-clockwise to loosen.
- Operate the mechanism and check the tension again. Continue to perform further adjustments if required, until the correct tension is achieved.